So what are Tinklenberg’s solutions to the non-problem?
- Give tax breaks to conserve energy. (Somebody has to pay for those tax breaks.)
- Create a carbon tax on carbon-based fuels.
- Tax to encourage development of alternative and sustainable fuels.
- Increase fuel standards for vehicles (Congress has already done that).
- Increase taxes to fund more light rail.
- Pass a windfall profit tax on Big Oil.
That ought to do it. Just tax us to death so we can’t use any more oil. What other solution is there for a Democrat? Government must do it all and you must pay for it.