The following questions are addressed to State Representative Jeremy Kalin with specific answers requested:
In the interest of open-ness in government, which we know you support, we solicit your response, Representative Kalin, to the following questions:
1) Do we remember correctly that you refused (only) the increase in per diem put through by the DFL Majority when you first entered the legislature?
2) If our memory in question number one is correct is it also true that you "donated" the increased portion of the per diem to a charitable organization or charitable organizations?
3) If the answer to question number one is in the affirmative are you still refusing the same amount of increase in per diem put through by the DFL Majority or have you changed your policy and do you now accept the increased per diem in the amount that you initially refused?
4) If you still refuse a portion of the per diem, as described in the previous questions, to which charitable organization or charitable organizations do you donate the described increase?
5) If you make a donation of the amount of the per diem increase to which you are entitled by legislative edict but "refuse" and donate that amount to a charitable organization or organizations do you list the amount of that "donation" as an income tax charitable contribution on your income tax returns?
You have requested that your constituents contact you if we have any questions and so we wait for your answers.