A friend passed along the link to this web site which shows how extensively a trail is used for illegal entrance into the USA. The vast amount of clothes and litter that is left behind shows this.
Securing our borders is more than a Republican issue. Many Democrats know too that it is essential to our national security, among other things. A trail this well used, points to a lack of enforcement in this particular area. Where is our government? Apparently it’s too busy dishing out pork.
There are many reasons why illegal immigration must be stopped. The points below (and others) can be found in a paper located here, but several of the links in that paper have expired. I have updated them below. Use the "Find" feature to search for key words in these large files.
- Each year, $11 billion to $22 billion dollars are spent on welfare to illegal aliens.
- Billions are spent each year on food assistance programs.
- $2.5 billion dollars a year are spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
- $17 billion dollars a year are spent educating American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
- 30% of all federal prisoners are aliens, costing $3 million dollars a day.
- $90 billion dollars a year are spent on illegal aliens for education, welfare and social services by the American taxpayers.
- $200 billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by aliens, legal and illegal.
- Hispanics in the United States have a crime rate that is two and a half times that of whites.
- Billions of dollars are sent back to Mexico by illegal immigrants who work in the USA.
- Besides the millions of illegal aliens that cross our southern border, millions of pounds of cocaine, meth, heroine and marijuana come north.
Read the report of the House Committee on Homeland Security.
The National Policy Institute "estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period." This paper can be downloaded here, but you need to enter your e-mail address.
Deporting illegal aliens and securing our southern border will be costly, however, it is costing billions to allow them to stay.
Americans are not opposed to legal immigration and assimilation. But illegal immigration will destroy our country. These links provide many hours of educational reading. Meanwhile, politicians do little or nothing.