Today Representatives Jim Abeler, Kathy Tingelstad, Ron Erhardt, Rod Hamilton, Bud Heidgerken and Neil Peterson were stripped of their committee leadership positions as a result of their refusal to sustain Governor Pawlenty’s veto.
Minority Leader Marty Seifert today announced, "I have spoken with all six members and received their resignations from their lead positions on House committees and in the Caucus."
Seifert announced the following members as the new Republican leads:
- Rep. Dean Urdahl - Agriculture, Rural Economies & Vets Affairs
- Rep. Larry Howes - Capital Investment
- Rep. Matt Dean - Health Care and Human Services
- Rep. Sondra Erickson - K-12 Finance
- Rep. Morrie Lanning - Property Tax Relief & Local Sales Taxes
- Rep. Pat Garofalo was named Assistant Minority Whip.
Thank you Minority Leader Marty Seifert for exercising leadership of Minnesota Republicans. We are grateful for leaders who remove leaders who like to horse around with donkeys rather than move with the Elephant Herd. Now the grassroots must hold each of these six liberals responsible for sacking our pocketbooks and refuse to endorse them. If they don’t need us, we don’t need them. It’s time to clean house in the Republican Party and elect true conservatives. Minnesota and America will be better for it.
If this doesn't motivate the party base, nothing will. I suspect a large percentage of the independent middle will not be voting for the Dems this fall because they hijacked their hard-earned money.